2nd Annual EAI International Conference on Ambient Assisted Living Technologies based on Internet of Things
The world of Internet of Things is ever growing in an unprecedented pace. Sensors are getting smaller in size and are being incorporated in all sorts of everyday objects measuring several parameters, producing heaps of data while at the same time create opportunities for data-centric businesses to spawn. Wearables are becoming mainstream for measuring physical activity whereas new ways to evaluate psychological wellbeing is being tested.
The Ambient Assisted Living domain offers the perfect setup for IoT-based measuring and monitoring technologies since it touches on the very important social issue of the ageing population while offering the ability to really test telecare services for home-based setups. Multiple technology domains have spawned from the AAL domain but fields such as Smart Home building and extending, have been on the rise.
Accepted papers will be submitted for publication in Springer's LNICST series and will appear in the SpringerLink, one of the largest digital libraries online that covers a variety of scientific disciplines, as well as in EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: EI, ISI Thomson's Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Accepted authors are invited to Special Issue in EAI Endorsed Transactions on Pervasive Health and Technology
The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
Scope and Interests (not exhaustive, not limiting)
- Mobile and Cloud Computing in pervasive healthcare
- IoT Analytics and Visualisation
- Interface and Control Systems
- AAL Environments for chronic disease management
- Usability and Acceptability
- Context Aware Technologies
- Wearable technologies for health and wellness monitoring
- Security, privacy and trust
- Navigation systems (indoors, outdoors) and location based services
- Networking for/and embedded systems
- Technologies to support AAL
- Interactive Services
- Innovation and Investment Opportunities in AAL
- Mobility Solutions
- Living Lab Presentations
- Privacy and Data Protection
- New Communication Protocols for smart neighbourhood monitoring